Monday, April 6, 2009

MOM


Mom has been having a lot of pain from bed sores, last Monday we started giving her something for the pain, it has helped, she sleeps a lot more but at least she doesn't have to hurt all the time.
Thank you for all your good wishes and prayers on her behalf, Dad and all of us really appreciate it. We feel so much love from visitors, people that call to see how she's doing and from messages via internet, thank you for all your love, it means so much to us. We had all the family (all the ones in the U.S.) come on March 26 It was such an incredible day, there was so much love, and I know it meant so much to mom and dad. I will be posting some pics soon. : )
It's hard to see her hurt and to see this little weak body laying in bed, it makes me want to tell everyone, all about this now "weak little body"...there was never anything weak about MOM she has always been the strongest, most loving and wonderful woman in my world! Always sassy and full of life, and so funny too, so even though her body is sick and weak now, she'll always be my strong, wonderful, beautiful mommy, always thinking of everyone else first, always enriching my life, my HERO. I just kissed her goodnight, she was already sleeping... no pain, we like that.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

You have been so great taking such great care of Nani. This post makes me cry...she IS so strong. Even in her weak little body she is such a fighter. I'm so happy that she's been relieved of some of her pain. She is the most beautiful person and has given so much to those around her throughout her life. I think anyone who has ever come in contact with Nani has recognized that she is extraordinary. Te quiero cinquenta mas Nani.

Leake's said...

"All I am I owe to my Mother"-Abraham Lincoln. Vickie, you are an awesome, beautiful, funny, reverant, caring, compassionate women. You must have gotten it from your Mother!

Mandy said...

Oh give her a great big hug from me!! I know what it's like to go through this part. Not the parent part but we went through this with my dad's dad. I love please let me know if you need anything!

Richard P. said...

Vicky, you probably don't remember me. When I was a missionary I lived in your home in Chile. It saddens me to hear of your mother's passing. What a GREAT lady!! She treated me like one of her own kids. I will always remember her as one of the kindest yet spiritual ladies I have ever met.

I would like to hear from you if you would like. I don't know how to give you my email address without publishing it here. Perhaps you can find me through my google account or on facebook

Richard Peterson